Write Write Write

Welcome

Hope you will like my garden.
Planting : words for bulbs and plants, Gods' love and kindness for sturdy stems, poetry for healthy leaves, short stories for plant shape, help from friends for pruning, patience and persistance for beautiful blooms.
I am hoping and planning to grow a full fledged author, from this ground.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Writer's Guild and Book Signing

Yesterday, 22 August 2009, Elsie, Claudette, Betty Jo and I, had a nice adventure. The trip to and from Springfield, held much beauty, enjoyed the green trees, grass and the colorful flowers along the road. At the Heritage, Pat Woodward greeted us. Glad to see someone we had met before.
The Springfield Writer's Guild, had a good speaker, Ellen Gray Massey.
I bought a book from Nick Weyland and forgot to ask him to sign it!
All of us thought we learned a lot. Each of the groups we have visited has given so much different information. Thanks. We also went to Springfield Borders book signing for Karen Casselberry, of Springfield. Her book, is for children 10 and up. We arrived home safe, happy and tired.

1 comment:

  1. You ladies are really on the go. Pat Woodward is the perfect person to greet people at SWG. Did she get your picture too? Gotta watch her! She's quick with the camera.

    I don't make a lot of SWG meetings, but I try to when I can. They have great speakers as well as a great bunch of writers.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My son,Ken,recently retired after 20 years service in the U.S. Navy. I am very proud of him. Good Friends are a Blessing. Red Hats for Jesus is a fun group, so glad to have this fellowship. The Wednesday Breakfast Club(JEWELS)brought me many wonderful friends. Each one is Special. The Weekly Writers Guild is a very important part of my life. I am the leader, since Nicholas, had to give it up to work more hours. Thanks for passing the torch to me. Emma, Elsie, Claudette, Judy, Betty Jo, I enjoy writing  with you. New interest for us has been gained from joining with other writers at their meetings. Hope to gain lots of new friends there.