Write Write Write

Welcome

Hope you will like my garden.
Planting : words for bulbs and plants, Gods' love and kindness for sturdy stems, poetry for healthy leaves, short stories for plant shape, help from friends for pruning, patience and persistance for beautiful blooms.
I am hoping and planning to grow a full fledged author, from this ground.

Friday, March 30, 2012


Madison Woods
http://madisonwoods.wordpress.com/flash-fiction/old-truck-100-words/

Old Truck
“Look at that old truck, out here in the middle of nowhere.” John said. “I bet it has a story to tell. Why was it left out here. Who parked it? I think it must be from the nineteen fifties. My father had a truck that bluegreen color, without rust.”
Marion said, “Maybe moonshiners, hid it out. It could have just gotten old and got this spot to sit. Do you think the fence was put up later? Someone must know about it? Take a picture, we can ask if the newspaper will run it. I’m curious to find out.”

4 comments:

  1. Jan,
    The questioning, enquiring minds reminded me of myself when I see an old building, car, etc.
    Don't you know they have hidden stories that would thrill us, if we only knew. Glad you shared.

    My tiny url's still don't work--maybe because it's redirected from VistaPrint. I tried hitting "enter" to activate my Google links--again, no luck. I'm going to have to dig into my Google settings for that, I guess. Wish I were more tech-y savvy.

    www.vlgregory-circa1800.vpweb.com/blog.htm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Ginny I wish I had the computer skills,
    I am finding that some of my links work and some don't maybe the site we are on?
    My Dad did have a one of the first van type trucks in the fifty's that was that truquoise color. My brother has it in his back yard. It was painted an ugly green to keep it from rusting in the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat take! The moonshiner line kinda made me chuckle. Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny...I do the same thing. When I see old things...like old, vacant houses, I think.."if only those walls could talk." Finding old, discarded scrapbooks in thrift shops...I think...discarded lives and get sad. Thanks for sharing Janet. Here's mine:
    www.triplemoonstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My son,Ken,recently retired after 20 years service in the U.S. Navy. I am very proud of him. Good Friends are a Blessing. Red Hats for Jesus is a fun group, so glad to have this fellowship. The Wednesday Breakfast Club(JEWELS)brought me many wonderful friends. Each one is Special. The Weekly Writers Guild is a very important part of my life. I am the leader, since Nicholas, had to give it up to work more hours. Thanks for passing the torch to me. Emma, Elsie, Claudette, Judy, Betty Jo, I enjoy writing  with you. New interest for us has been gained from joining with other writers at their meetings. Hope to gain lots of new friends there.